* temporarily closed due to lockdown *

...A live music venue set in the grounds of Alde Garden campsite, behind The Sweffling White Horse

Sadly our pub has been closed now for 39 weeks,  and is unable to re-open due to the its size and layout - so we are very excited to have been given the go-ahead for this new venture

So what is The Mule? It's a live music venue created from a festival beer tent & shed combo in the campsite, featuring some great local live music acts. Tickets are available to buy in advance (see below) - with a suggested minimum donation of £2 per head. 90% of the door fee will go to the performers, and the remaining 10% will go to the Music Venues Trust.

The Mule is situated next to the campfire area - so if you aren't quick enough to buy a seat inside the mule itself, you can instead sit outside by the campfire,. The indoor area is warmed by a lovely big woodburner, and has seating for up to 22 people. It is well ventilated to allow you to relax in a safe environment, but also nice and cosy with the stove alight. We have plenty of wool blankets to warm you, and carpet squares to line the benches outside by the campfire.

We serve draught ales & ciders, wines, lager and soft drinks, plus some exciting wintery treats such as the landlady's own recipe home made mulled wine - or MULED wine!

We want to make the space as relaxed as possible, but also as safe as possible. So put on your warm clothes, don't forget your mask (for while you're not seated), and make use of our many hand sanitising options. Sorry - no dogs please, and no children inside the Mule.

EVENTS COMING UP AT THE MULE

Sunday 20 December - ADAM THOMAS (folk/pop) - 12-5pm. To buy tickets click here.

glen mule
130835680_2840048599541135_1719690780496614985_n
mule ann 1
EAST  ANGLIA  CAMRA  PUB  OF  THE  YEAR  2015
IPSWICH & EAST SUFFOLK CAMRA PUB OF THE YEAR 2015, 2016 & 2017

This Suffolk real ale pub stocks an ever-changing range of locally brewed ales and ciders, and some wonderful locally made bottled ales & spirits. We also stock a range of organic fairtrade & local wines , a selection of carefully chosen speciality spirits & soft drinks and a small selection of locally made food.

For our ales we tend to focus on small local breweries, and we like to seek out new brews all the time, so you're likely to find something you may not have tried before. We always have at least two draught local ales to choose from, as well as one draught local cider. We like to think of it as a very slow beer festival!

121211_102_0058-2048px

The public bar has a selection of traditional pub games including bar billiards, darts and a few other treats. The Sweffling White Horse is a dog-friendly pub.

Heated entirely by wood - the lounge bar has a large woodburning stove, and the public bar is home to a lovely wood-fired range cooker which also heats the radiators.

As well as the two main rooms the pub also has a small beer garden with a rustic arbor, enchantingly lit by candles and fairylights at night. The beer garden is open from spring equinox to autumn equinox, every Sunday lunchtime and every pub night until 10pm.

Please note this is a keg-free pub, however we do stock five varieties of Suffolk bottled lagers.

The pub also has its own holiday accommodation in the form of a self-catering cottage & campsite - see the Accommodation page for more info.

Tasty ales and a warm welcome awaits you!

** why the short opening hours? Pubs need some form of diversification these days - for most pubs it's meals. Our pub's support comes in the form of a campsite in the garden - which is a full time job in itself. Whilst this means we can't open the pub 7 nights a week, it does also mean the pub can retain its character as a drinking pub & drinkers are not fighting for tables pre-booked by diners. It also means we are not competing for trade with the other fantastic food pubs nearby.